i take it im nakerd , how can i fix this problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zicoGUEST

hya guys

ok problem big problem ,

my cpu kept crashing at random times so i decided to reformat , during re-formatting my cpu crashed :mad: now when i turn my cpu on it says and everything loads just before i can go on desktop it says winodws restarting and restarts my cpu ! and when i try and reformat it begins to reformat then minutes later says Error ! missing files , how can this be fixed ?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated

zicoGUEST

winodws xp disk , boot from cd , delete old partitiion , install xp on fresh partition

It is possible your Cd might be scratched or dirty, does it tell you what files are missing ?

zicoGUEST

yes but i cnt let ya know atm , sum1 said remove mother board battery and put it bk in trying it now

It may also be worth going to the Hard drive manufacturers site and downloading any diagnostic software they have.

Do you know what type of Hard Drive you have ?

I had the same problem, and got some real good advice from this board. You can do it one of two ways, I used a program called killdisk, www.killdisk.com. I downloaded the free version and wiped my hard drive.
( depending on the size of your hard drive it might take a while to wipe)
What I did then was use floppy boot disks for xp I downloaded from Microsoft here are the links.

Xp w/service pack 1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...74-76af-4c21-b853-d9f07cbfa559&DisplayLang=en

Xp w/service pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8d-5e10-49b5-b80c-0a0205368124&DisplayLang=en

You will need 6 blank floppy disks to make your windows XP boot disk series.

Load them 1 thru 6 as the onscreen prompt ask for them then it will ask for you xp Cd when you get to the last disk once you insert your xp Cd let it run its course...

dont forget to take the floppy out of the A: drive.
while xp is running even if it tells you to installation is finished remove all disks....
Leave the xp cd in the drive when it reboots you should have a complete and working Pc. Remember Leave the CD in the drive..

I know how you feel, I was in the same place and it was so frustrating, the good people on this site helped me with a few pointers and a steer in the right direction and from there I hop on this site once in a while and see if theres anything I can help with. Let me know if this helps.

Batman

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online