1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved I think a Widows 10 update pooped my computer.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ashley1996, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashley1996

ashley1996 Thread Starter

UPDATE: Windows sent me a new update and it fixed it all.

Hello,

So after the April Windows 10 update my computer has not been the same. It is super slow to do anything, my programs keep freezing and crashing. I can not access my windows start or the search bar.

I have looked for drivers that needed updating, I have scanned my computer for issues (through bootup and in Norton) I also tried to hard reset my computer while keeping files and it wouldn't even complete that it said that there was an issue.

I also can't access the "display" or "personalize" when I right click on my desktop, I included a screenshot of that.

Currently I was in the middle of transferring all of my files onto an external hard drive so that I could factory reset my entire computer to see if that would fix it but now I can't do anything with my files. It crashes instantly.

Last night I got a windows update that popped up so I did that hoping that would fix it too, but that did nothing, I just don't know what else to do at this point.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    It might be worth rolling back the update for now until more issues are resolved. If you prefer to try to keep it then follow the guidelines below for best results in installing.
      1. Open Settings.
      2. Click on Update & Security.
      3. Click on Recovery.
      4. Under "Go back to a previous version of Windows 10", click the Get started button.
      5. Select the reason you're rolling back.
      6. Click Next.
      7. Click No, thanks.
      8. Click Next.
      9. Click Next again.
      10. Click Go back to earlier build to begin the process.

If you don't want to install the update again until you're sure the problem has been fixed, you can use these steps to delay the Windows 10 April 2018 Update on your computer.
    12 Things You Should Do Before Installing Windows 10 April Update (Version 1803)
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/prepare-computer-windows-10-creators-update-version-1703/

3. ashley1996

ashley1996 Thread Starter

I can't even get my settings to come up.

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Sorry, I posted the wrong information. Try the following and see if you can get to the troubleshooting menu.

Force Safe Mode with Power On/Off

1. Press the Power On/Off button to Start and Shut Down the computer as soon as you see the rotating loading circle
    2.Repeat this 2-3 times to stat the Windows Recovery Environment.
    3. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart from the Choose an Option screen.
    4. After your PC restarts, select one of the following Safe Mode options you are instructed to from the Start Up Settings menu:
    • Safe Mode (4)
    • Safe Mode with Networking (5)
    • Command Prompt (6)
    5. Wait for Safe Mode to load.
    6. Logon with an Administrator account if needed.

5. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Stop at Step 3, if you can get that far.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211031

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice