1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i think i broke something

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by truthfulltc, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truthfulltc

truthfulltc Thread Starter

I dont know what happened but I used my sytem restore and i cant get windows to load now. I didnt make any disc or get any with my computer. I turn it on ant get a configuration error massage (code purple) what ever that means. I tried to start it in safemode and it told me that my system was not fully intalled i must run set up i dont know how to do that since i cant get my windows to start can any one help please. :)

2. vixenkitten

vixenkitten

It sounds like part of your operating system is missing. Usually when it asks you to run setup it means for you to put in a operating system disc and reinstall it. From what you said, however, you don't have an operating system disc... did you buy the computer from a store or used or what? If you bought it from a company like HP or Dell you should be able to call technical support and get some recovery discs... if not though, it looks like you'll need to go buy a copy of Windows.

3. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Hi, Afraid I agree with vixenkitten,since you cant get windows to load you cannot even reverse system restore, so it does look as if you need to beg or borrow a system disc,there is no other way round it......

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice