I think I deleted my operating system?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Drewseff

Hello,

I had a question, I have an intel based computer that runs Apple OS X. However, I think that I might have deleted the operating system. I also, tried to” be my own computer tech” and I messed it up even more. I was just trying to update it to Yosemite and do a factory reset and start over. I also, have an external hard drive that has the Apple OS X Yosemite 10.10.2. I will attach a picture of what I am seeing when I follow the instructions.

*Once I turn on the computer I see this screen, I messed with the BIOS setting and messed things up more.

* The second screen is what I see when I just let it run through normal.

*And the 3rd screen is what I see with ifI hit “Enter”

*hd(1,1) Windows NTFS — is my external hard drive that is now what holds the Back-up to my current Macbook.

Attachments

Drewseff

It won't let me upload the other pictures, but i can email them if you want to see them.

Your problem isn't normal since you are dealing with installation of OS X on non Apple hardware.

As per TSG rules, we can't help with that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online