1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I think I have a virus and no idea what to do!

Discussion in 'General Security' started by mossimo617, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mossimo617

mossimo617 Thread Starter

Recently my computer hasn't been letting me click on anything in my start menu. When I click on it, it will give me the little hourglass for a split second then do nothing. I also can't use my Norton Anti-virus that came with the computer. I also can't click on some things when I'm online. I was going to try to go to my control panel but it won't even let me do that. The only thing I can do is search on my computer and get online. what should I do?

2. MikeSwim07

MikeSwim07

3. mossimo617

considering all i do is check my mail on my computer, i'm not quite sure what to do.. how do i post a hijack this log?

4. mossimo617

nevermind.. i figured out how to do it. i posted it in that forum.. nothing was checked on the fix checked though..

5. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Since you posted your log in the malware removal forum, I am going to close this thread. ;) Do not fix anything with Hijack This. Wait until a gold shield member assists you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice