1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I think i have a virus or adware

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by shaharazad, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaharazad

shaharazad Thread Starter

Hi im currently running norton anti virus and lavasoft ad ware blocker and repairer .

Unfortunatly when i look on the task manager i see 2 headings under IEXPLORER but im not running the internet explorer so i tried to close them down but they automaticly restart up under IDOLBL~1.EXE then IEXPLORER heading comes back up .

I only noticed this as recently my laptop was reformatted as it had slowed down badly , for a while afterwards it was ok but now i seem to have major slow down again .
    When opening the internet it is very slow sometimes taking 5 mins to open 1 page , some of my programs also take along time to start thats if they even start .

Has anyone got any ideas what this is or how to sort it ?

I have tried run avasti antivirus several times but it wont open i also have run my adware program but nothing seems to stop this .

2. bandit429

bandit429

Hi Shaharazad

[tsg=welcome]Thanks, bandit429![/tsg]

Could you please click the link below and get a panda online scan. At the end of the scan save the report and put it here in a post. Since your IE is so slow you will probably have to do this in safe mode with networking. To do this power off your computer...power on and immediately start tapping F8....use your arrow keys to make that menu choice and hit enter. It will look a little different but you should have more control.

http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/ActiveScan.htm

3. shaharazad

shaharazad Thread Starter

went into the site ran the scan it said nothing found

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540150

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice