1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I think I have a Vundo

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by PinkCaribou, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PinkCaribou

PinkCaribou Thread Starter

So, a couple of nights ago I noticed something strange. After I googled something, any search results that I found would be redirected to a popup ad or a fake search site, but when I hit the "back" button, sometimes it would send me back to google (where I just re-clicked my link and it was fine) or it wouldn't let me navigate away from this supposed popup. This went on for one day before the random webpages would popup when I wasn't even in Internet Explorer anymore. I waited one more day, foolishly thinking Norton Antivirus 360 would pick up on any problems. It did, 3 days later, but told me it could not fix the problem and that I had to do it manually. I did. After I did everything that Norton told me to do, it said that the problem that it told me I had was not on my computer at all. Agravated, I went on to to my normal business.

Well, around a day and a half later I left my house for a few hours, and left my computer on while I was gone. When I returned home, my computer was on what seemed to be stand-by mode. So, like usual, I moved the mouse - nothing happened. So, I turned my computer off and then back on. Nothing. This was all last night.

Today, I turned it back on to see if there was any progress after cleaning it off. Sort of. I got the black screen with white letters saying that Windows failed to open and operate and to choose what to do: Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Last configurations (or something) and so on. After several attempts on each selection I got either 1) a black screen for five minutes plus or 2) a blue screen telling me that something was wrong and it was going to clear out some files and then proceeded to restart, starting the whole game all over again. Also, little blue and green pixels scatter the screen.

I fear that because I waited almost a week and my Antivirus software failed me, my PC is completly ruined and I will never recover ANYTHING that was on my computer. I am a student and I had most of my school work on there, bunches of precious pictures, and my entire iTunes Library on that PC. I will be heartbroken if it is all gone. I don't know much about computers except for the basic stuff, so if anyone can help, it will be much appreciated.

PLEASE HELP!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice