1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I think i have been hacked HELP!!!

Discussion in 'General Security' started by te3, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. suhel

suhel

I would advice you to get Auslogics BoostSpeed
    it will make your computer much faster

2. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

That is BAD advice. (n)

Do NOT install and use any kind of "cleaner/booster/optimizer/tuneup" type utilities, no matter what they claim they can do.

The end result of using these type utilities can be a damaged Windows operating system and broken programs and unexpected error/warning messages and general havoc with a computer.

------------------------------------------------------------

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

What you want to do now, if you want to investigate your hack, is to get a hub or a switch that has a mirror port. Then hook up another computer to mirror port and use WireShark or other traffic monitoring software to inspect your network traffic. Another thing to do, instead of traffic monitoring, is to set up Snort. ( which also needs a hub or port mirror feature ) Snort is an intrusion detection system and it inspects network traffic. It has worked well for me before, identifying backdoor traffic comming from my housemate's PC.

4. suhel

suhel

I never knew about this, I never had any issues?

5. nickrory

nickrory

If your really worried I would re install the OS and reset your router to factory settings.

6. te3

te3 Thread Starter

the computer is working better but there are still only just two issues now and that is i cannot open up my firewall is check settings when you click on to it, it just tells you it won't open from an unidentified problem and if you want to change the name of a music or movie file it tells you if you change the file name extension it will become unstable.

thanks for the help with everything else so far its been extremely helpful.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1052142