Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think my PC is dying....

789 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  speed_hog 
#1 ·
My PC recently got a fairly nasty virus (W32-Sinowal-based Maximus! or something along those lines) so we had to get it wiped. A few days later, my computer was all messed up again. I can only boot up in Safe Mode, my sound doesn't work, and it is running slower than normal. I need to find out if I have another virus (although the guy who fixed it downloaded Norton Anti-Virus and it seemed fine for a few days) or if maybe my computer is just dying. It's about three years old and apparently it was outdated before we even bought it. Is there any way the virus could have affected the computer's hard drive or whatever (yeah, I don't quite know what I'm talking about) or have I maybe gotten another virus? No clue what is going on, so any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to TSG. You'll find some excellent help here but, be patient. These guys and gals have thousands of folks needing their help.
First, can you post some specs about your machine? Like make and model number. And if you know the amount af RAM, hard drive size and make, video card, and any mods you may have added on. All this would help in trying to get your problem fixed.
Have you contacted the guy that repaired your machine? What does he say?

#5 ·
Hello kelaine, give this little program a try, it tells you and us a lot of good info about your system;
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
Download it to your "my documents" folder or the "desktop" and then run-install it.
After it is done, a few minutes then hit ctlr-a on your keyboard and it will copy the whole page,
Then open notepad and hit ctrl-v on your keyboard and it will paste that info into notepad Click file, save and save it to desktop with a name of your choice.
Then upload it here for us to look at as a txt file.

**Very nice xDatWun and I have learned of yet another great tool thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.