1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i think my ram is messed up!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by toddluke, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. toddluke

toddluke Thread Starter

okay....i bought a mobo and cpu combo at frys. built my pc up. tried to install windows. but i got an error message saying "if this is your first time getting this error,, please restart the installlation.if the porblem persists, please uninstall any new drivers or remove any new hardware." so i tried a bunch of stuff. and finally i got a new mobo and cpu. windows installed fine; then i tried installing world of warcraft. it froze in the same exact place everytime on the 3rd disk. after the 3rd time of restarting my pc because of this lock up, my task bar was gone. i tried restarting my pc many times, but no task bar. i tried installing windows again and i got the original error message i got on the last time i tried to reinstall windows. (by the way, before my task bar was gone and everything, i cliked on my computer and looked at my ram. it said 256mb of ram. i have 512mb stick!)
    i tried replacing my new video card with my old one, and got the same message. and i took mt hard drive back and got a new one to try. i got the same error message.im thinking its the ram now. im for sure my mobo supported it to. 512 mb pc2700. i took my case and mobo +cpu back and im now getting a shuttle pc and a new cpu. please help me before i buy these and it doesnt work again. thanks in advance. (y)

2. Dan O

Dan O

Bad memory can do some strange things to Windows, which is what I suspect is the root of your problems.

Did you purchase brand name memory and is it the correct type and speed?

3. toddluke

toddluke Thread Starter

i bought the ram on newegg.com. the brand is twinMos. Thanks alot for your last reply =]

4. iOXeR

iOXeR

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice