1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I think this is an Outlook problem.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bilnrobn, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bilnrobn

bilnrobn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Bill
    Using outlook, after composing an email, it all looks as I intended, but when I send it the recipient will receive it as sent except that sometimes random bits of the document have gianormous font size, (about size 36 I think). Note 'sometimes'...it doesn't always happen.

Any suggestions would be welcomed as, without first sending every email to myself, I don't know when it will occur.

2. Hughv

Hughv

Change your sending format to plain text.

3. bilnrobn

bilnrobn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Bill
    Hi Hugh,
    Thanks. Yes that will work, and I will use it for most mail, but some of the standard explanatory emails I send to members of our group I need to use rich text. Is there a way around the problem in these cases?

4. Hughv

Hughv

In HTML mail, the font size is controlled by the control boxes at the top of your compose window. Highlight the affected text and see what the settings for font size are.

5. bilnrobn

bilnrobn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Bill
    It always shows the font and size I choose and the document looks fine, but some documents, when sent, arrive at the recipient with some of the text about size 36. In my 'Sent' box it looks OK, I only find out when the recipient tells me.

6. Hughv

Hughv

This sounds like the recipient's problem.
    Send this message to yourself and see what it looks like when you open it.

7. bilnrobn

bilnrobn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Bill
    Sounds like a good idea, will try that. If it arrives OK on my machine it must be the recipient's problem. Still can't work out in that case why it is only my mail that does it. Sending it to multiple recipients as a trial might be an idea.
    Thanks Hugh, have a great Christmas..

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice