I thought it was my power supply... maybe not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Prime88

Hey, I was reading a book on my sofa last week, and my PC spontaneously powered down. Absolutely nothing happened when I hit the power button, no beeps, no fans, nadda. Figuring it was a power supply issue, I ran to the nearest shop, snatched up a new one, ran back home and popped into the PC. Yes! The new fans started cycling, and just as quickly stopped all together. Hmmmm. Back to square one. It's almost as if something is killing my power supply. What gives?

Cincerely, Miffed

Prime88

Is this a sign that I need a new CPU? I popped off the Heat-sink fan (revealing massive dust and crap) and cleaned it. Still nothing. Would a new fan do the trick?

well it could be ram video or motherboard also. When my video card died i couldnt get a post or anything so i pulled it out and pc powered up fine. Give us some specs on wat hardware you have.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online