1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I-tunes issue.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by marucker, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marucker

marucker Thread Starter

Okay so here is the deal. My i-tunes has gone batshitcrazy. Here is my problem in great detail...

I recently moved all my music to an external hard drive.

I changed the appropriate setting on my i-tunes.

Next thing I know I tunes will not open up and it is telling me that it cannot find or create an i-tunes folder which needs to be located in My Music.

I tried moving my music back onto my computer. I tried hooking my i-pod up to it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it about ten times. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Cheers.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    itunes uses some database files which are located in my music

I would leave your music in folder on the external drive
    then remove the music from itunes
    goto settings and set up to leave the music in its original position and not copy

then add the files from the external drive - NOTE however, each time you plug in the external drive there is always a chance that the DRIVE LETTER will change and this will upset itunes

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice