I turned off my video card, how do I turn it back on?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mpow

I accidently turned off my video card, and now have no video output. How do I restore video output?

I am able to get into the Setup when the machine boots, but don't know what to do.

The computer is an old (circa 2003) Compaq Presario with an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX420 graphics card. Windows XP.

Please help

etaf

Wayne
I accidently turned off my video card,
do you know what you did

try booting in safemode

hit F8 as it boots
then a menu appears
choose safemode

You could also check in the BIOS, under 'Advanced chipset features', And check if you are running both onboard and your card graphics, if so disable the onboard.

mpow

well, i'll never know if safemode would've worked because my wife got to the computer before I did and did a system restore. she got it working. Thanks for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online