1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I wanna ask a dumb question on dual booting!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cuttlefish, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    My bowels start rumbling at the very concept of having what I guess is two Windows operating systems running on the one PC so what is this passion a lot of users have for dual booting? :eek:

I mean if it is great then I want me some of it it but I am kind of lost what is the thinking behind it! :confused:

I have been using Windows since V3.1, an old Apple 2C and 5 1/4" floppy and have never had this burning need to want to "dual boot". :eek:

What am I missing out on 'cos putting aside the (few seconds) it takes to boot up, there has to be another deep and dark secret you guys are keeping from me! :(

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I use the dual booting when I am beta testing a new version of Windows. I do not have to rebuild the machine with every new build release. Just format the "Beta" partition" and then install the new release.

I have also do this when beta testing a large new program such as MS Office where I still need my real computer for real life.

3. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Ultimate compatibility, multiple environments for any flavor of fun.

I usually dual boot when I have multiple operating systems to play with. Like when I was running the Beta for Vista and toying with Linux, I wasn't willing to lose any apps or files from XP so I used grub to boot between the three of those on my then favorite machine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/616583

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice