1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i want help with install of directx

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by manolio77, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. manolio77

manolio77 Thread Starter

i have the directx and when i do setup i push next and it do a error and says 'a cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted.please verifythe cryptografhic services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid'
    help me plz

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What version of Windows do you have?

For XP:
    To check if the Cryptographic service is enabled go to Start -> Run -> type SERVICES.MSC and press ENTER. In the list double click on Cryptographic Service and make sure the Startup Type is set to Automatic and click on Start if it happens not to be Started. If you get an error message, post it. Then click on OK and close Services.

You can download the latest Directx 9 redistributable package from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ab-0983-4c41-9c70-632f6f42c557&DisplayLang=en

3. manolio77

manolio77 Thread Starter

i did it but nothing.... i dont know what happens..!!!

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You need to be more specific, we can't see what happened. Was the Cryptographic service already set to Automatic, was it already started? Did you download the Directx version I linked too?

And yous til haven't told us what version of Windows you have and what Service Pack is installed? Please go to the Control Panel and then to System to see this information.

5. manolio77

manolio77 Thread Starter

i have the windows xp and the cryptografhic service it was already automatic.. 2 days now i had download a lot of versions of the directx and all had error.. i havent download yet ur link..

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    And what service pack is installed? SP1, SP2, SP3?

And was the Cryptographic service Started or Stopped when you checked? Automatic doesn't necessarily mean Started.

For that matter, what issue were you having that you wanted to reinstall DX? Does it run throught the DirectX diagnostics (DXDIAG)?

7. manolio77

manolio77 Thread Starter

how i can see what sservise pack is installed???

8. manolio77

manolio77 Thread Starter

i get to direct diagnosis and it tells me no problems have found.. what hapened? it works?????????

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Directx 9.0c is part of Service Pack 1 in Windows XP, so its there if you have Service Pack 1 or higher.

To find out what service pack you have go to Control Panel and then System. On the General tab it shoudl mention what version of Windows and then right below that the service pack thats installed.

10. manolio77

manolio77 Thread Starter

Microsoft windows xp professional version2002 service pack2. what directx i should download??

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The latest, the one I posted above. But FYI, you should already have Directx 9.0c installed as its included in SP1.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751633

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice