1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I want MP3 not data audio

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Sean1988, Sep 13, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. Sean1988

Sean1988 Thread Starter

My desktop on Windows 8 suddenly records audio files only in data, not MP3. How do I get it to go back to recording in MP3? Thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

Hi Sean1988, and welcome to TSG.

An MP3 file is a specifc type of data file. Can you please explain exactly what kind of data file your recording software is creating. Also, what recording software are you using?

3. Sean1988

Sean1988 Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. I am not sure what kind of data files they are. I want to be able to play the disc on a CD player, which is what I had been getting. Now it's giving me files that won't play on a CD player. These files burn much faster than the ones I could play on CD.

I'm also not sure about the software, but when I play a file it appears on Windows Media Player.

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1196276