1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I want my 7.1 Media Player BACK

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by VeriChipped, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VeriChipped

VeriChipped Thread Starter

Hi Guys
    I just found about this website...Kewl.
    I thought newer versions where better....not. Found that out when I downloaded media player 9 to replace existing 7.1.
    I didn't like the way it accessed its features and it ruined the speed of the music when my existing music files where played back. It was played back faster. The old record players would label it the "PITCH".
    So I decided to go back to media 7.1 player by removing 9.0 and guess what. After the download, media player 7 had no sound.
    kept deleting the existing run program file for 7 and redownloading it but still no dice.
    Went to microsoft support paid $35 just to find out 6 days later that they couldn't resolve my problem, something about warping existing components with beta. I tell you what it was, they labeled something wrong in there download media page that should have read for beta format. Needless to say they refunded the do re mi and keep it or lump it was the bottom line.
    Finally my question .......how can I control the speed of the music being played back on my MEDIA 9 player? Just a little slower is all I ask?

2. Flrman1

Flrman1

I am making 3 consecutive replys with images that will show you how to adjust pitch in Media Player[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Flrman1

Flrman1

#2[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Flrman1

Flrman1

#3[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. stu37

stu37

flrman1, i'm curios as to how to display images like you just done. thanks in advance. Be nice to know
    bob

6. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy stu37

You can use a screen capture program as flrman1 has done or just use the print screen key and the clipboard that windows provides...when you want to capture, for example, your desktop just press the print screen key then open MSPaint or any image editor and paste the capture as a new image...save it to your hard drive then post it here by using the browse feature in a new message or reply window. That uploads it as an attachment.... making it show requires editing your post and adding some code.
    If you have a web site or personal space provided by your ISP you can upload it there and just link to it.

Have a look at the beginning of the image thread in Random

Everyone can display an image

buck

7. Flrman1

Flrman1

You can use print screen to capture the whole screen or alt + print scrn to capture active window only but I have found the Screenhunter that I use much simpler. For one thing you can choose what folder you want the image to go to. I have mine set to go to "my documents". You also can choose what format jpg gif etc.... also when I use the default windows print scrn function the image is too large to post here and in many other places and you have to resize it. With screenhunter it is 800x600 by default. click on the link below if you want to try it.

http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter_free.htm

BTW How did you do with the media player?

8. stu37

stu37

Thank you buck52 and flrman1 for the info . much appreciated
    bob

9. Flrman1

Flrman1

Verichipped, where are you? How did it go with the Media Player? I wasn't paying attention and thought stu37 was you.

You are quite welcome stu37. It is always nice to help someone else rather than being the one asking for help.

10. VeriChipped

I just got a chance to read my email to see the response notification my thread.
    I've seen that before FLirman but I always read in HELP as a video speed control never saw the word audio and for RECORDING speed. Never saw the word PLAYBACK speed control.
    I'm going to try it right now bbl.
    10:40 PM Central Time here.

11. VeriChipped

AHA!
    My choices for Media 9 player Enhancement button shows only :
    SHOW ENHANCEMENTS
    GRAPHIC EQUALISER
    MEDIA LINK FOR EMAIL
    SRS WOW EFFECTS
    VIDEO SETTINGS.
    I've been cheated by not having:
    COLOR CHOSER
    CROSS FADING AND VOLUME LEVELING
    PLAY SPEED SEETINGS :eek:
    AND QUIET MODE.
    What happened to my preceeding 4 choices they're not there.

12. Flrman1

Flrman1

VeriChipped if you are not running XP you are not going to hve those features. I just fond it in the help section in Windows Media Player 9. Open the mwdia player and go to help click on help topics then click on special features and it lists there the special featuresthat are only available on XP Home or Pro. If you are not using XP I don't know what to tell you.

13. VeriChipped

What about upgrading DirectX to 8.0 or 8.1 or 9.0 versions,
    will that add the missing features....or how about going back to 7.1 Media Player from my current9.0 Media player that Microsoft over the phone couldn't even solve.
    They had me going to regedit and manually remove media player back and forth to make the sound play on 7.1 but no dice...had too keep 9.0 to have any kind of music.
    Thanks
    VeriChipped:rolleyes:

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115233

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice