I want the background to not scroll

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

southernlady

I'm using a background image for my forum which is something my forum members love. However they would perfer them *nailed down* if possible and not have them scroll with the forum. I found the code, I think, background-attachment down under Color and Background Properties but I'm not really sure exactly how to make it work. Here is the code:
Code:
blockquote {background-image: url(../images/sand.gif); background-attachment: fixed}
Now, is this something I am going to need to put in my css? If so, I am going to need to take this question elsewhere because it deals with vbulletin and I'll have to go over there. Liz

southernlady

Thanks, Drew...I was afraid of that...but it never hurts to ask...now to see if someone over there can help. Liz

whoah, there southernlady! what can they do that we can't? ;) do you not have the code for vbuliten or something or is it a change they have to make? i've never dealt with vbuliten it but css is simple and changes are very easy. "now giddy-up with yer next question there little lady!"

drew

southernlady

Because they know WHERE to put it in the css and that makes all the difference in the world. They can tell me which panel. Because in vbulletin I have the ability to write the code right in there on the spot. I don't have to put it in an editor and do it that way. It's in the admincp. And if you don't have vbulletin you won't know exactly where to help unfortunately. Liz

ahh, i see. well, as long as you're getting help with what you need then i'm content with that!

yee-haw!

drew

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online