1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I want to buy a Pocket PC, recommendations welcomed.

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by BigTex, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

One feature for which it must have is internet, e-mail and a good battery life.
    What Pocket PC do you recommend?

2. Zeragrin

Zeragrin

3. dagorock

dagorock

I have an Ipaq 2215 and love it. If you want bluetooth, go 2215. Bluetooth and wireless go 4150. Bluetooth, wireless, and Qwerty keyboard go 4350. For the money I would buy the 4350. It is $499. I have the 2215 ($399), bought a wirless card, ($70) and a qwerty keyboard ($30). I have to lug 3 seperate pieces. If you are a series business person you may consider the 5555. (pricey). Get a recent copy of PocketPC magazine or go to their site. In each issue they show a comparison of all PDAs on the market, list each and show you what each has and doesn't have.

http://www.pocketpcmag.com

4. wedor

wedor

I just picked up a iPaq 4355, very nice.

5. DTinVA

DTinVA

I just switched from a Palm to an Ipaq 4155. I really like it so far. Internet works great. Must have a good internal antenna because it finds networks all over the place when I'm traveling. Email is pretty good. Screen has great resolution and color. The Active sync is so much faster than the Palm too. I don't think you would go wrong with anything in the HP line-up.

6. aolsux

aolsux Banned

read this article: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,13595,00.asp?o=3&p=2 -- towards the bottom of the article is a comparision chart with the best pocket pc starting at the top and the worst pocket pc at the bottom

7. elow72

elow72

I just recently bought a Dell Axim x3i ($349). I like it. It has wireless capabilities built right into it. If you want to be away from a network or hotspot you have to buy a Bluetooth kit for a around $114 and use a Bluetooth integrated cell phone. Dell is going to come out with an Axim with Bluetooth already integrated into it in mid may.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice