I want to buy software to play mp3's

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mizemm

I'm looking for software to play my mp3's on my laptop. I've tried everything I can find for free, and I haven't found what I'm looking for. So I want to buy something. Does anyone here have experience with this kind of software? All I need is something easy to install and setup, that will allow me to drag and drop files from my music folders into the player, rearrange the songs in the playlist, save playlists, and easily play the playlists at another time. I don't care if the software can organize my music for me, as I already have my library organized the way I like it. In fact, my preference is not to have any windows that show the track info or the music library or anything like that. All I really want to see when I'm playing music is the current playlist and the controls, although that's not a requirement.

Can anyone recommend something easy to download, simple and intuitive to use, and reliable? (Imagine recommending something to your grandma; I'm technically impaired.) If it's customizable, that would be a big plus. I'm willing to pay whatever I have to to get the right software for me, as I've been frustrated for a long time with the free options. Note: Unless you're willing to personally guide a tech-inept person through the installation and setup, please do not suggest free software.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8064 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 120 GB (63 GB Free); D: 117 GB (117 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0D8H72
Antivirus: Avira Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

Mizemm

What have you tried, and what don't you like about them? Most players that I've used support playlists.

There are several threads here that talk about media players, for example: https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-best-media-software.1188070/
I don't remember all the ones I've tried. Some of them were MusicBee, Audacity, VLC, MediaMonkey, and Foobar. With some of them, I wasn't even able to figure out how to download them and get started. Some of them, I installed it and opened it fine, but I wasn't able to use it the way I wanted; Some of them had so many features, I couldn't figure out how to get my music into the player. Some of them wouldn't let me drag and drop my music within the playlist. Some of them, I kept getting error messages I didn't understand. And there was one that seemed to be okay at first, but when I tried to play a playlist I'd saved, it wouldn't open it. I'm so frustrated, I'm ready to cry.

plodr

Liz
I rarely play music on a computer. I use one of the three mp3 players in the house.

The other day I wanted to drown out a phone conversation so I dragged songs into VLC and created a playlist of just instrumentals.

How to https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Playlist/

What mine current looks like - it's empty.
My_VLC.jpg

I simply dragged the mp3 songs I wanted to the right hand window.
My version of VLC is 2.2.6 Umbrella.

I use VLC in Windows, linux and android.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online