1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I want to change My IE Back!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Plug, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plug

Plug Thread Starter

Hello, I`ve recently installed BT Broadband Plug And Go on my computer, i installed it correctly and its running alright (apart from my ie)
    I have IE6 which i got from download.com(upgraded from ie5.5)
    the problem is the disc i had with the broadband package has got ie5.5, outlook5 etc.., I installed the disc which put the bt openworld icon on my desktop to get on the net but it kept ie6 on my computer(which i dont like that much, it keeps freezing occasionaly)
    I never had no trouble with IE5.5 but ie6 is a nightmare, can anybody give me some tips to put ie5.5 back on my computer or some tips to stop the freezing in ie6,
    It happens 8 out of 10 when i am downloading of the net and surfing at the same time, but like i said i never had no problem with ie5.5 and i don`t think its the ADSL modem!
    I would be very gratefull, if somebody could help me out please.

2. johnpaul

johnpaul

Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add_Remove Programs/Microsoft Internet Explorer. Highlight that and click "Remove." You'll be given an option to revert to the previous browser version. Choose that, reboot, and you should have 5.5 back.

JP

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/75248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice