I want to copy my VHS to DVD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Busdriver

I have some old vhs tapes that I want to put on DVD, nothing illigal. I have a Hitachi VCR/CD combination player and a PC with a liteon DVD Burner. How can I do this and what else do I need? I am also having a problem with the connections. Can someone tell me how to connect them to my PC?
Thanks to the all knowing.

ekim68

Mike
Do you have the DVD recording software? If so, do you have the wires hooked up to the
computer? From the VHS?

Busdriver

No wires yet. Also no software. This is what I need to know. I have an Hitachi DVD/VCR combo. On the back of the unit I have VCR IN, DVD/VCR OUT, DVD Audio Out, and DVD Component Video Out and a S-video Out. On the PC my video card is a Chaintech G-Force FX5200 that has an S-video port on it.
I haven't hooked anyting up as yet but I do have a Y cable for the Audio on the unit that I think goes on my Sound Card.
I don't know where to plug anything in.
Thank for any help you can give me.
Larry

ekim68

Mike
Sounds like you might get more information if this was posted in "hardware", however,
having said that, since you have an S-video out on your VCR and an S-video in on your
pc, I'd say getting the S-video cable would be the first step. And, go to liteon's site to get
the software for your unit.

Busdriver

I will try to get the software.
About the wiring, Does the Y cable sound good to you?
Than k
Larry

Busdriver said:
I have some old vhs tapes that I want to put on DVD, nothing illigal. I have a Hitachi VCR/CD combination player and a PC with a liteon DVD Burner. How can I do this and what else do I need? I am also having a problem with the connections. Can someone tell me how to connect them to my PC?
Thanks to the all knowing.
you might look at this product ADS Techonologies. get yourself a substantial, fast hard drive to put the videos down (mines a 250 Gb)- the software is not that "transparent" but i was able to record 3 series of brit-coms ( Black Ader ) from my VHS player onto my HD...about 3 DVD's full ( 12Gb - DVD holds 4+ Gb ) ...havent mastered the editing features as yet.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=573674&CatId=1428

Busdriver

Thanks. I was just checking software....so far. I've got a spare HD, maybe I'll look into a bigger one.
I was more concerned about the hookup
thanks again
Larry

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online