I want to create a third Partition using Vista's new Partition program.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TeaTephi

I want to create a third Partition using Vista's new Partition program.

I have 222 GB space on C:Local disk and 10.4 GB space on D:Recovery
I am currently using about 70 GB (programs & files) on the C:
which leaves 151 GB Free space.

I would like to move all my programs and picture/music/word files over to a new partition, but I'm not sure what size the new partition should be.

Are there any standard procedures (other than backing every file up) that I should follow, as far as partitioning goes?

Do I have to extend or rename anything already existing? Or do I just create a new "simple partition" with that program that comes with Vista?

I sure appreciate any help and precautions you can throw my way.

Thanks
Machelle

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online