1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I want to go back to 98

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by johndrew, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johndrew

johndrew Thread Starter

I am still having problems with my mouse opening up files. I have tried Spybot, Norton antivirus, Avg and they didn't find anything or they fixed it. Can I go back to windows 98 or am I better to fight this virus or mouse till I win? Also, what does biostar do and should I update it. It is a M6VLR board about a month old? I removed the software for Micosoft cordless mouse and reloaded it, but it will not work. I am using an old mouse now. The technical file says it is working properly. There are times it works better than others. At the present as I type it is working okay, but most of the time it will go back and start opening up flies all over the screen. It is not as bad on a CD data disk, once I get there.

2. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Did you update you mouse driver before this started happening?
    I had a similar problem last year, turned out that my new mouse driver was a virus.
    NAV didn't find it for awhile.
    I ended up having to boot to safe mode and re-install the original driver from floppy (against M$ advice).

When not in safe mode, the virus would not let me navigate to the CD ROM to update the driver.

John

3. johndrew

johndrew Thread Starter

Windows said I could not install this in the safe mode.

4. johndrew

johndrew Thread Starter

My server went down and I called support and they
    said it would because I was in the safe mode. While he was on the phone, I asked him and he said he had a similar problem and it was with the Nimda virus..How do I check for that virus?

John

Sorry for the delay getting back, but I have to close as many as 50 files before I get back here.

5. bassetman

6. Huon

Huon

7. johndrew

johndrew Thread Starter

I ran the check for the Nimda virus and it found nothing.
    Sometimes the screen, which has the loggoff icon, on the right will bounce like a ball about 1 inch high for about 30-40 times. Only the right icon not the left one. Would you like to sign on and look at it through windows xp?

John

8. johndrew

johndrew Thread Starter

I removed my Microsoft Mouse from the USB port and attached the Microsoft adapter to the cord and reinserted into the regular mouse
    hole....and it now works okay.

Thanks

9. bassetman

Glad to hear! :D

John

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice