1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I want to go back to ME

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cjbtaylor, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cjbtaylor

cjbtaylor Thread Starter

Ive had enough of XP and want to go back to ME where everything worked, only thing is my hard drive is now ntfs and when I put my original software startup disk in to put it back to new from factory mode it cant.

Please help me do this, I dont want to try anymore solutions, just goto ME

Thanks

:(

2. brianF

brianF

Put the xp disk in and run setup, delete the partition, you should then be able to startup with a win98 startup disk, run fdisk, and recreate the partition, format, then reinstall me

3. Johnny Do

Johnny Do

Just go to Add/Remove programs and remove(Uninstall) winxp. Follow the instructions and goodluck.

4. cjbtaylor

cjbtaylor Thread Starter

hi again, i did a clean install as it got a bit messy when i tried to upgrade, only thing is its now formatted to ntfs, can it go back to fat and what do you recommend , will ME work on ntfs,

5. Dan O

Dan O

No, ME will not run on NTFS. Delete and recreate the the disk partition using FDISK or Partition Magic as FAT32.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice