I want to know all products that fit in a 5.25” computer bay :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

computer_pet

Hi,

The computer I use all the time has four 5.25” external bays, two are taken by DVD drives/burners, but I think my case will look better if I fill them up with something.

So...I would like to know everything that could be placed in 5.25” drive bay, from CPU temperature to an actual coffee cup holder :)

Thanks in advance
:D

That's pretty funny!! Google 5.25 drive bay and I am sure you will come up with a couple million hits.

How bout a beverage holder.................

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I'd also suggest checking the power supply before you start filling up the drive bays ;) 1) there may not be extra connectors, and 2) it may not be able to power that many devices ;)

crjdriver

There are any number of items that will fit in a 5 1/4 bay; optical drives, accessory devices that are card readers, temp monitoring, usb / firewire connectors, tape drives. The list goes on and on. You can even put a 3 1/2 hd in using drive rails.

In reality I think your case will look fine with just the plastic covers that come in unused bays.

It is cheaper also.

Rockn said:
That's pretty funny!! Google 5.25 drive bay and I am sure you will come up with a couple million hits.

How bout a beverage holder.................

He He.. why buy one? Mine came with 2.. they even double as DVD drives.. :eek: :D

I don't think liquid is the safest thing to have near your PC...

I have a Multifunction controller. My case had USB/Firewire ports on the top (I don't know why Thermaltake does that! :rolleyes: ) and since my case is under a desk, that does me no good--in fact, it won fit with the cover open--so I moved the connections to the front--the one I have has everthing but the kitchen sink--what I like are the front SATA ports since I have an external sata drive. It also has four mulitmedia card readers, fan controller, etc.

Attachments

Super-D-38 said:
He He.. why buy one? Mine came with 2.. they even double as DVD drives.. :eek: :D

I don't think liquid is the safest thing to have near your PC...

LMAO

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
AcaCandy said:
I'd also suggest checking the power supply before you start filling up the drive bays ;) 1) there may not be extra connectors, and 2) it may not be able to power that many devices ;)
How much power do you suppose that cup holder takes? :D

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
JohnWill said:
How much power do you suppose that cup holder takes? :D
Probably depends on what size bottle of wine you stick in it :p

crjdriver

That is the new top of the line heated model. The downside is that it requires the output of a small nuclear reactor:) :) :) or a P4 prescott

computer_pet

Thanks everybody for your replies :)
I think I will look around for a temperature/fan display and card reader type thing.
AvvY that link did not work for me? What was it?

:D
Peter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online