1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I Want to overclock

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jetamay, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jetamay

Jetamay Thread Starter

Now my CPU usage is below about err 70%, 80% of the time, But my processor is really slow I believe, and my parents won't buy me a new one. They say my computer is updated and well. I know thats a lie. My computer has 512MB of ram and a really crappy processor I was thinking about over-clocking, because the speed of my computer to becoming to slow for the developing of applications, and every now and then I would like to play some sort of fps. Of course this computer was quite well 1-2 years ago. But it sucks now. I put some of my HDD space for my RAM to use, but RAM is not increasing my computer speed one bit. So I know the risks of over-clocking are REALLY BIG as of having to buy new computer parts.

2. MichaelDee

MichaelDee

Adding another 512mb of ram would be a start.
    A lot more info about your pc would be helpful, who makes it, programs on it (ie norton), is it a dell, etc.

3. Waldo_II

Waldo_II

Well, if you are sure you want to overclock, make sure you have an adequate cooler for your CPU/Video card/HDD/RAM/whatever you want to OC.

When OCing, do so at something like 5mhz at a time. Use a program like CoreTemp to monitor CPU tempurature. If it gets anything over 50C, you are in trouble (CPU). GPUs, as I hear it, can take much more heat.

What are your specs?

4. Jetamay

Jetamay Thread Starter

A picture is wearth 1000 words =D
    [​IMG]

5. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

If you overclock too much, you computer will be fried up, you'll need to make sure your temp is cool.

What fps games are you trying to play?

6. charlesviper

charlesviper

For increased performance in a FPS, get a new Video Card, the processor doesn't do much in that instance.

7. Jetamay

Jetamay Thread Starter

Well Really I play fps 10-20% of the time I am on the computer. Its just just thet my computer is really slow, I mean look at thoughs stats, are they not out-dated.

8. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

What games are you trying to play is it?

9. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Can you please give us an update?;) :)

10. Aussie_Dundee

Aussie_Dundee

To me it sounds like you are in desperate need of a system clean up. Consider formatting your hard drive after backing up anything usefull that you want to keep. And i promise you will see an increase of speed. Adding ram is also very helpful. the CPU is outdated but still more than capable of running a system like windows pre vista just fine.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643976

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice