I Want to overclock

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jetamay

Now my CPU usage is below about err 70%, 80% of the time, But my processor is really slow I believe, and my parents won't buy me a new one. They say my computer is updated and well. I know thats a lie. My computer has 512MB of ram and a really crappy processor I was thinking about over-clocking, because the speed of my computer to becoming to slow for the developing of applications, and every now and then I would like to play some sort of fps. Of course this computer was quite well 1-2 years ago. But it sucks now. I put some of my HDD space for my RAM to use, but RAM is not increasing my computer speed one bit. So I know the risks of over-clocking are REALLY BIG as of having to buy new computer parts.

Adding another 512mb of ram would be a start.
A lot more info about your pc would be helpful, who makes it, programs on it (ie norton), is it a dell, etc.

Well, if you are sure you want to overclock, make sure you have an adequate cooler for your CPU/Video card/HDD/RAM/whatever you want to OC.

When OCing, do so at something like 5mhz at a time. Use a program like CoreTemp to monitor CPU tempurature. If it gets anything over 50C, you are in trouble (CPU). GPUs, as I hear it, can take much more heat.

What are your specs?

If you overclock too much, you computer will be fried up, you'll need to make sure your temp is cool.

What fps games are you trying to play?

For increased performance in a FPS, get a new Video Card, the processor doesn't do much in that instance.

Jetamay

Well Really I play fps 10-20% of the time I am on the computer. Its just just thet my computer is really slow, I mean look at thoughs stats, are they not out-dated.

Jetamay said:
Well Really I play fps 10-20% of the time I am on the computer. Its just just thet my computer is really slow, I mean look at thoughs stats, are they not out-dated.
To me it sounds like you are in desperate need of a system clean up. Consider formatting your hard drive after backing up anything usefull that you want to keep. And i promise you will see an increase of speed. Adding ram is also very helpful. the CPU is outdated but still more than capable of running a system like windows pre vista just fine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!