I want to replace power supply, not sure if motherboard is compatible

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sparkyrunsfast

title says it.

the motherboard is a pci express ht2000. I want to upgrade to a 500w power supply, but I've read that certain motherboards will only have room for 20 power connectors and certain power supplies may not work because of that.

In short, I've searched a lot to no avail trying to find out if I can upgrade my power supply. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Is it an AMD board? AMD SW300?

In any case, replacement power supplies often come with both types. But you could always count them, too.

Any power supply with a 20+4 motherboard main connector will work. The +4 connector just snaps apart from the 20 pin connector.

Snagglegaster

Banned
Any power supply with a 20+4 motherboard main connector will work. The +4 connector just snaps apart from the 20 pin connector.
Have to concur here. A new PSU will work fine with you board. Any decent unit will provide more connectors than you need.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online