I want to report some of my old questions on Yahoo Answers. How do I do this?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xEpix

So a few years ago I had an older account and I wanted to ask for some advice on some personal problems that I had at that time. I thought that yahoo answers would be a good place to ask. I asked my questions and later I wanted to create a more professional account on that site so I did and forgot about my old account. Untill recently I stumbled upon my older questions and I am kind of embarrassed by what I wrote and I want to delete or report my own questions. So far I have been reporting my old questions and It worked for some of the time but there were still a lot there. I asked Yahoo Answers what I could do but they never gave me any good advice. Basically they just said

1. Click on the pencil icon to delete your old posts

2. Once you submit a best answer you cannot delete your own question.

So far these answers have not been very helpful and I was wondering if maybe you guys could help. I have found a way to log into my old account and go to "add details" in the hopes I could write something controversial or like that to get my old posts taken down. I was wondering what is a fast way to report my old posts or erase them?

It seems, looking at the response of Yahoo! team, that there is no other way to delete the questions as you've already selected a 'best answer' for them.

Though you could try the 'Right to be Forgotten' law, where you can challenge Yahoo! in court to ask for old data about you that are no longer relevant, to be removed from their servers. If you are in any of the European Union member states, it may be easier to do this due to a recent ruling by the Court of Justice of the EU.
-- Also keep in mind the costs this may bring about.

Other than attempting to legally compel Yahoo! to erase such data, it seems there is no other way for you to delete them yourself without their help.

xEpix

It seems, looking at the response of Yahoo! team, that there is no other way to delete the questions as you've already selected a 'best answer' for them.

Though you could try the 'Right to be Forgotten' law, where you can challenge Yahoo! in court to ask for old data about you that are no longer relevant, to be removed from their servers. If you are in any of the European Union member states, it may be easier to do this due to a recent ruling by the Court of Justice of the EU.
-- Also keep in mind the costs this may bring about.

Other than attempting to legally compel Yahoo! to erase such data, it seems there is no other way for you to delete them yourself without their help.
Im not so sure if I would like to do that. If there is another way.

I've used yahoo answers before & any question that has been solved can't be deleted unless you force them to do so by going to court. Any unanswered question can be deleted with the method the yahoo team gave you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online