1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I would appreciate help, if possible - "Warning ! Potential Spyware Operation!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by doobyscoo, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doobyscoo

doobyscoo Thread Starter

Hey there!

I am hoping you can help me solve the following issue: I keep getting:

"Warning ! Potential Spyware Operation! Your computer is making unauthorised copies of your system and Internet files. Run full scan now to prevent any unauthorised access
    to your files! Click YES to download spyware remover ..."

I do not have access to control panel, regedit, task manager because the message box that keep popping up upon my trying to access one or more of those items says "...has been disable by the adminstrator"

Per some suggestions in this previous post:
    http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r...-solved-regular-popups-warning-potential.html
    I have run SmitfraudFix in safe mode. As that program tried to clean the registry, I received about ten error messages saying something to the effect of "access to that file has been blocked." After that program ended, the log still says the registry was cleaned???

Below, please see the attached log files associated with
    (i) SmitfraudFix
    (ii) HijackThis log after (i) was complete
    (iii) Superantispyware (with parameters set as mentioned in previous post) run after (ii)
    (iv) HijackThis log after (iii) was complete

After doing all of this, I'm unfortunately seem to be having the same issues.

I'm running Win XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. doobyscoo

doobyscoo Thread Starter

Hey there!

I would very much appreciate it if someone could spare a couple of minutes and suggest what I may try as next steps.

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice