1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i would be gateful if someone could solve this problem

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by superwasabidave, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superwasabidave

superwasabidave Thread Starter

I have a mac with os X 10.4.11, and I want to use Eudora Mail to get/send my Google mail.

I get an error:
    Server not responding. 1; {37:418}
    what have I done wrong

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Login to gmail on the web.
    Click the settings tab at th top right.
    Click forwaring and POP/imap.
    Enable pop mail and set the settings the way you need them.
    Click configure your client.
    In the popup windows,click other.
    Eudora is in that list.
    Click it and make sure your eudora is set propery.
    Make sure to save settings on the first page.
    POP mail won't work on gmail til you enable it.
    You will still need to login to the web version
    periodically to check and clear the junk folder.

3. digitalsatori

digitalsatori

Hi there. The 37:418 error is a generic "Cannot find server" error message. This could mean that Eudora is not properly configured to access Gmail's server or your Gmail has not been set up to use POP email. Gmail has some special settings that are specific to Gmail, so chances are if you allowed Eudora to configure itself, it did not set itself up properly.

The first step is to enable POP email access in Gmail. Log in to Gmail from your web browser and click on the "Settings" link in the top-right corner. When the settings appear, click on the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab. When that appears, check the radio button next to "Enable POP for All Mail (even mail that's already been downloaded). This will help to ensure that you receive all your mail in Eudora. Click on Save Changes.

You should be returned to your inbox. Now, you can follow these instructions to configure Eudora to access your Gmail account. Click on this link: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=35732

Hope this helps!
    --- Russ

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!