Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BlackSpirit16

So..
In a short while I'll buy a new PC. I'll order it from a company who let me choose the parts and they put it together. They'll also overclock the CPU if that is possible, with no extra charge. It'll be put on a Z170 motherboard, regardless what CPU I'll choose.

I can choose between 2 i7 CPU's: the i7 6700 and 6700k. At the moment the K version is € 52,- more. Is it such a big upgrade from the 6700? I'll be doing some Sony Vegas video editing and 1080p gaming.

Is it worth it to get the K version instead of the non-K?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
The K model is overclockable, the non-K isn't. So if you want it overclocked you have to get the K model.

Also the K model is clocked faster out of the box, 4Ghz with 4.2Ghz Turbo vs 3.4Ghz with 4.0 Turbo.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Here are the comparisons between those 2 processors.

6700.JPG

6700k.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online