1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iastor75.sys problem when installing windows xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by andib126, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andib126

andib126 Thread Starter

k.. here goes nothin'

a colegue from work asked me to install win XP on his laptop (toshiba satellite u305-s7477) he had vista before.
    anyway.... i start installing windows.. i had a licenced cd with SP1.. didn't recognized the hdd (gave me an eror with no hard drive found), i had a cd with SP2.... same ideea... a friend gave me a cd with LastXP.. ok i start instaling from that one... and bingo it started installing.... now @ 52% he couldn't find iastor75.sys... ok i found out that the cd was version 17, i get a version 16 of that... i insert it... hit retry.... and bingo.. there it is.... it works... starts and finishes installing....
    now the problem is that after completeing the install the computer is restarting and i get a BSOD....
    the error is smthing like that:
    STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78AA524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

so in conclusion i any of u can help me withsome ideeas... pls feel free and give me any ideeas.

Best regards.

2. andib126

andib126 Thread Starter

ok.. so pls anybody???? u can ask me for whatever details or smthing @ least... pls...

i have a few ideeas but i'ld really like smbdy to tell me smthing.... beacause i presume that with my ideeas and any sugestions here i'll be able to solve the problem.....

good night and waiting for a reply :)

3. dogui

dogui

Hi Andib126, did you resolve the problem? I'm having the same problme with U305-S2806 model.

Best regards...

4. andib126

andib126 Thread Starter

yup... i managed to deal with the problem.. it was quite complicated.... all i needed to do was to slipstreap some drivers from intel on a xp cd... i used Intel-Matrix-Storage-Manager-V1.0.0.1082 .. u can find those on the intel site.... those worked for me.... but u can find more versions there.. it depends about the chipset or things like those...

also if u want u can enter this link to see approx. how i did it: http://community.compuserve.com/n/p...essages&webtag=ws-laptop&tid=86862&redirCnt=1

hope it will help u

5. dogui

dogui

OK, Thanx for your reply. I will test later and post the result.
    Thank you. Best regards...

6. me4net

me4net

Actuly there is probbly a setting in the BIOS that talks about SATA native mode. You will need to disable this in order to install XP. Let me know.

7. andib126

andib126 Thread Starter

if u have a dell (like i do) there is a setting in bios... but @ toshiba nop... there isn't.. at least with the newer laptops... maybe if u have an older laptop.... ;).. bealive me with the laptop i had to do.. the one for who i aske the question on this forum.. it took me like 3 days with finding the problem... solving it... and downloading and installing the drivers for xp for toshiba (the hardest part wa finding the good drivers)... the link i provided has some feedback from me and other ppl... that explain exactly how to do it for toshiba... ok... probably the links for the drivers wown't work because they may be diferent but that's the method....

yes for the problem with iastor.. if u're lucky an the bios has that option to use ata and not sata it should work... because that iastor error is an errror with winows not knowing that u have a sata drive on u're laptop... it doesn't have the sata drivers for toshiba laptops.... if u get my point :)

on that link i provided there is a "how to" slipstream the drivers... so it shouldn't be a problem doing that.. :)

best regards

8. dogui

dogui

Andib126 is right. In new Toshiba's notebook you don't have the native sata option in the BIOS.
    Now I'm creating the xp CD whit Intel-Matrix-Storage-Manager-V1.0.0.1082 Drivers. I hope that this works.

9. dogui

dogui

Finally its WORKS!!

10. andib126

andib126 Thread Starter

dogui now all i hope u'll have better luck in finding the xp drivers for u're laptop faster than i did manage to get them for my model...

11. dogui

dogui

Yeap! Thank you andib126...

12. andib126

andib126 Thread Starter

you're most welcome

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice