1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IBM Aptiva 2137 E26 IDE driver update

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DGA, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGA

DGA Thread Starter

I downlaoded the driver update file from IBM's site Al1z00us.exe tfollowed the instructions and noted Windows 98 nad I am using windows 95, but didit any way. Now my CD rom drive will not work. How do I fix it. Can't run any CD disk. Can any one help?
    DGA:)

2. brianF

brianF

go into device manager, remove the cdrom drive, and reboot, hopefully windows will reinstall with the right driver

Also look in add remove programs, if that file is listed hit remove, then reboot

3. DGA

DGA Thread Starter

Thanks BrianF for your assistance and suggestion. The CD ROM driver was no longer there in my Device Manager. Have rebooted numerous times. I found an Aptive restore windows files for my model on the IBM site and prepared a 3.5 disk just in case becasue I could not now run the CD recovery disk. I tried to reset windows to the default from set up F1 button when booting, but it wouldn't let me. Visited Acer to see if I could the original drives, no luck. I decided to try and reinstall the driver update from the downloaded file. Followed the instructions only this time I checked the install instead becasue the ALiPCl Bus Master Driver had been uninstalled the last time. This time I had no deadly blue screen error/conflict window come up. Did all the restarts and Whoopee! It fixed itself. So far so good. Thanks again. If I can help anyone I would give it a shot. Do the simple/obvious things first. DGA:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice