1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IBM Aptiva 2139E5D & firewire?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ej, Dec 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ej

ej Thread Starter

Hi, I'm trying to find out if I can plug a camera with an IEEE 1394 into my IBM Aptiva 2139 E5D? Can't find any info a IBM web site. Anybody know? I do have USB, I know that much.

2. Wino

Wino

In a word, No - your 2139E5D doesn't support 1394. You can, however buy a 1394 PCI card, if you haven't used up your available PCI slots (I own a 2139E5D, also). Maxtor makes a 2-port 1394 PCI about $50.00 at Best Buy.

3. ej

ej Thread Starter

thanks-I might have to buy one too.

4. Wino

Wino

You will also need a free IRQ in addition to the PCI slot.

Good Luck.

PS - There is a small new board that caters to IBM owners (not exclusively). Many of the people there either still own, worked for, or upgraded from IBM computers. For future help you might give them a try regarding the 2139E5D.

http://www.tweaksanlinks.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice