IBM Aptiva 2139E5D & firewire?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ej

Hi, I'm trying to find out if I can plug a camera with an IEEE 1394 into my IBM Aptiva 2139 E5D? Can't find any info a IBM web site. Anybody know? I do have USB, I know that much.

In a word, No - your 2139E5D doesn't support 1394. You can, however buy a 1394 PCI card, if you haven't used up your available PCI slots (I own a 2139E5D, also). Maxtor makes a 2-port 1394 PCI about $50.00 at Best Buy.

You will also need a free IRQ in addition to the PCI slot.

Good Luck.

PS - There is a small new board that caters to IBM owners (not exclusively). Many of the people there either still own, worked for, or upgraded from IBM computers. For future help you might give them a try regarding the 2139E5D.

http://www.tweaksanlinks.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online