1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IBM Aptiva+MS Word 2002 CD & BIOS Settings

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Zevon_fan, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zevon_fan

Zevon_fan Thread Starter

Hi All,

I have been attempting to install Disc 1 only of Works Suite 2003 but the Wizard keeps telling me to close Norton Anti Virus (Navapw32.exe). I have closed NAV using CTRL+ALT+DEL but every time I try to install the disc the same message comes up. BTW, I only want Word 2002 so I initially attempted a Custom install (got the "close NAV" message) so I tried it on both Minimum & Typical settings but I cannot seem to get past the "close Navapw32.exe" message.

I have gone in to msconfig & unchecked Norton Auto-Protect from the Startup tab as well as "...NAVDX.EXE/Startup" from the Autoexec.bat tab. The disc still wants me to close Navapw32.exe before it will do anything.

Some folks at the VirtualDr Forums have advised me to go into BIOS and disable NAV upon startup & I have attempted to do this but with no success. I am able to get to the BIOS screen by repeatedly hitting Delete but the BIOS "window" will not stay open. After approx. 15 seconds the BIOS window disappears & the login window appears. BTW, I never get the "Hit Del now to enter Setup" message at startup. I assume that I am missing some detail here... Once I am in BIOS how do I "navigate" to an option? I can see the Navapw32.exe (I think that's what it is called) line but I don't know what to do with it.

My Aptiva is a 2158-530 if that helps and the OS is Win98 (not SE) & my NAV is really old (I'm not sure what version). Thank You!:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172641

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice