1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ibm netvista reboot problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by menace_the, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menace_the

menace_the Thread Starter

Friends,

new to this place, but while googling for my problem, came across some impressive posting here, which gave hope to me. and cant resist to post here for help.

I have a strange problem with surprising sympotms on my machine, which is IBM netvista 6578 LAG, running on dual boot mode with win 98se and linux rh 7.1(mod. version). both running fine since @1 year together.

Under win 98se,
    Machine is geting rebooted after few minutes of starting, even if i dont do any activity however it takes a pause of few minutes (randowm between 1-10 minutes) before restarting.

but if i start in safe mode it doesnt reboot, and moreover in *normal mode* if i start playing some *video* file immedeatly after startup it *doesnt* reboot (any player, right now i am doing work finely with tom and jerry running on background with win media player!!!! and sound file *doesnt* stop from rebooting!!!)

Under linux
    it doesnt starts properly, it boots up but by the time it is fully up it restarts.
    i tried with rescue disk but failed

I tried latest bios version from ibm site, but not to avail anything.

I would be happy to share other specs, if anynbody is having any idea about what might be going wrong

*More over after reading earlier thread about this, i checked the transistors but dont find anything abnormal on surface.*

totaly in the dark what shall be done

denis

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324288

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice