IBM PC 300GL users wanted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

roadvision

I for the life of me can't get this model IBM to not fail during boot up if I have more that hard drive divices hooked up at once. It will work with any combination of 2 (hard drive and cdrom or 2 harddrives or 2 CDroms) but if you add a third you get a "Windows Protection Error" coming up, it will come up in safe mode, I got the hard drive controller drivers from IBM's web site and the BIOS is up to date. (I also tried 3 harddrives or i and 2 cdroms still the same error) Now it sees the drives correctly in the BIOS and if it is the controller drivers I am using there are no others on the IBM site I can try (any one have some old floppies for this beast I can get a copy of or know the workaround
Scott

I have a bunch of 300gl's and 300pls and I believe that IBM figured no one could ever fit more than 2hds at a time.

I think its a design flaw, good Luck

The only workaround would be to go scsi or to get a pci hard disk controller

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online