IBM T40 Touchpad Scroll Button

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Durst5

Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes:

For quite some time now my scroll button (I guess it's called the middle action button) has not worked. I've recently downloaded all the recent drivers for the touchpad/trackpoint and it hasn't worked. I open up the mouse properties box from the Thinkpad Configuration options, and under the Device Settings tab I click on the Synaptics TouchPad then click settings >> buttons. But under the buttons tab the only two options showing up are "left button" and "right button" but no "middle button" when before it used to be there. My question is, how do I get this middle button back?

It seems a hardware problem. In that case, you should replace the keyboard who comes along with the mouse buttons.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online