1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IBM ThinkPAD 2628-Cmos P/w Lost, Help!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by thecallingthe, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecallingthe

thecallingthe Thread Starter

Hi there

It is great to know this place.
    I had a old laptop from my company's storage room, it is IBM ThinkPad type 2628. there is coms password set up. every time turn it on, you are asked to put in password. however, the password has been forgotten by the IT people. so I am locked out.

I tried to unplug the motherboard battery, then restart the laptop. I still got asked to enter password.

anyone can help me on this?

thanks in advance.
    Gary(y)

2. M.Woodhouse

M.Woodhouse

Im not too sure if they have this on laptops, but on most desktop motherboard there is a jumper which will reset everything in your bios.

Its similar to the one found on hard drivers, just move the jumper over and it should reset everything including the password. Couldnt tell you where to find it or even if there is one though. Sorry.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/655287

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice