1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IBM Thinkpad 600E display problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sktsurfsno43, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sktsurfsno43

sktsurfsno43 Thread Starter

:confused: Hey everyone,

All of a sudden, my display will flicker, and eventually turn off on my LCD panel. Every time i change the display modes (lcd, external monitor, or both) it comes back for a short time, but then flickers and shuts off. I know it is not a driver problem because the display works with an external monitor. SO, if anyone knows what i should do next.....PLZZZZ tell me, because I WANT MY LAPTOP BACK!!! lol...its like a desktop now.

2. winbob

winbob

Well it sounds like the typical "Backlight" problem. Can you see the display's contents if you shine light on its face??? Exactly what its cause is can be many things:

1. Flourescent lamp failure.

2. Flourescent PS failure.

3. Physical wiring problem...wiring is generally routed thru hinge area and gets flexed a lot.

Another less likely possiblility based on your description of the problem is that the monitor is being powered off based on your Power Saving specification. Not likely tho given your description.

3. sktsurfsno43

ok well i know it isnt a power save problem....i do believe it is backlight problem though, because i can see the display with a flashlght...

So....

What do u think i should do now???

PLease reply soon

THANK YOU :)

4. sktsurfsno43

im new to this site and im not sure if the post i put on this thread reached u...so here is another one

5. winbob

winbob

Unless you are willing...and skilled enough...to investigate the problems internally. That is, take the sucker apart, I'd suggest seeking a professional repair.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!