ibm thinkpad all sorts of f_d up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

billsyota

I have an IBM thinkpad t21 which had linspire loaded on the hard drive and it had been deleated but not properly. when the computer is started it just sits at the linspire start up screen and does nothing. I can get the windows 98 boot disk menu to come up and run fdisk and it says there is a c: and d: drive partitioned on the hard drive. when i try and format either nothing happens, and also i cant get cd rom support because only the floppy or the cdrom can be in at one. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Bill

According to Google - LinspireTM is a full-featured operating system like Microsoft Windows XP or Apple Mac OSX. Linspire offers you the power, stability and cost-savings of Linux with the ease of a windows environment. In addition, Linspire features exclusive CNR technology that makes installing software on Linspire fast and easy

Unquote

So I suggest you look deeper into it and find out what type of format it uses. A '98 boot floppy will whinge at the prospect of overwriting an NTFS format so it would definitely gip at the prospect of some curious (sorry folks) Linux format.

Since you can get fdisk to come up try deleting both partitions and make new ones. Be sure they are DOS partitions and that the first one is active.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online