1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ibm thinkpad all sorts of f_d up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by billsyota, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. billsyota

billsyota Thread Starter

I have an IBM thinkpad t21 which had linspire loaded on the hard drive and it had been deleated but not properly. when the computer is started it just sits at the linspire start up screen and does nothing. I can get the windows 98 boot disk menu to come up and run fdisk and it says there is a c: and d: drive partitioned on the hard drive. when i try and format either nothing happens, and also i cant get cd rom support because only the floppy or the cdrom can be in at one. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Bill

2. moebius

moebius

whats linspire?

3. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

According to Google - LinspireTM is a full-featured operating system like Microsoft Windows XP or Apple Mac OSX. Linspire offers you the power, stability and cost-savings of Linux with the ease of a windows environment. In addition, Linspire features exclusive CNR technology that makes installing software on Linspire fast and easy

Unquote

So I suggest you look deeper into it and find out what type of format it uses. A '98 boot floppy will whinge at the prospect of overwriting an NTFS format so it would definitely gip at the prospect of some curious (sorry folks) Linux format.

4. shadowcat

shadowcat

You could download and use Kill Disk -- it wipes your drive completely.

5. Lurker1

Lurker1

Since you can get fdisk to come up try deleting both partitions and make new ones. Be sure they are DOS partitions and that the first one is active.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/291460

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice