IBM ThinkPad Laptop - Windows XP Blue Screen of DEATH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BrandonButler

I was given this laptop a few days ago and it was not working when I got it. The previous owner said it just stopped working one day. It's running (or actually, NOT running) Windows XP.

When I start it up:
It displays the IBM logo screen
Then displays black screen saying there was a problem starting windows, start windows normally, safe mode, etc. - selecting "start windows normally"
Then the Windows XP screen with the loading bar
Then goes to the blue screen of death (every time), Even when trying to boot in safe mode after it hangs on this:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys

it still goes to BSoD

Before a removed the battery and held down the power button for a minute, it would do all of the above, except going to the blue screen of death, it would just go to a blank black screen.

Need help getting this thing to work!

Hi BrandonButler,
Try to plug off the power cord, then remove battery and HDD. Put all back together and try again.
Hope it helps, it's free and easy to try and in some cases it even helps. Good luck!

Did you try the safe mode selection "last known good configuration" to start the machine?
vicks

BrandonButler

Yes vicks, I tried that as well. I also burned this onto a CD and booted the computer up from the CD. But when I tried to setup Windows XP, the blue screen says:

Setup cannot find the End User Licensing Agreement

Setup cannot continue. To quit, press F3.

So I tried to the second option (..Microsoft Recovery Console) - But I don't know what commands to enter into that black screen

If you study the link that Huggie gave you it gives a pretty good explanation as to what to do... commands to type etc.
post back after you try all and let us know how it goes.
Vicks

BrandonButler

Kay.. I followed all of the steps. I recieved an "access denied" message when I got to these commands on the steps for "B."
cd \
cd system~1

So I followed the next steps here: http://www.myfixes.com/article/sysres/src2.htm

Booted up (start windows normally) and I get a new blue screen saying:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of (0xc0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down,

Here is a link that possibly might be of help. When you tried the link from Huggie did you click on the 'click here' that gives a more detailed explanation of what to do?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316503
Again, post back and let u s know how it goes. If we have no luck, we can request someone with more experience to chime in...
Vicks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online