Ibm Thinkpad Monitor Problem...need Help Please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bencycle

I just purchased a used IBM Thinkpad T30 that is +/- 5 years old and need help from anyone who might have encountered such a situation with their laptop.

Laptop works great, but....
here is my problem:
The monitor brightness is VERY unstable, same thing as if I would be playing with the brightness button up and down constantly all the time. It takes less than a second to go down and get back again to normal, then it just starts back all over again non-stop.

Can this be fixed?
Is it possible to replace the monitor of a laptop?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

DoubleHelix

Banned
From a quick search on eBay, the computer looks to be worth about $250, and a replacement screen is $100. If possible, return the faulty computer and get your money back.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online