1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IBM Thinkpad R32 correct HAL

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by moltra, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moltra

moltra Thread Starter

I have a IBM Thinkpad R32 and the other day windows crashed and I had to do a reinstall to get it back working. Now it is working but there it is very slow and I will be typing on my keyboard from the docking station and then laptop and CRT will go blank. I have to hit the keyboard on the laptop to get it to clear. When I shutdown it shutsdown to screen that says "you can shut down your computer now" In device manager under computer I have the following; ACPI 1st Standard PC 2nd. Is it normal to have two items under computer? Which one should have, any and all help would be appreciated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice