1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IBM Thinkpad T42 Black screen - replaced inverter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kissyfur99, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kissyfur99

kissyfur99 Thread Starter

I have an IBM Thinkpad T42. The screen does very dark while booting up, even has a pink hue at times, then goes very dark. You can faintly see the screen. If I move around the contact switch at the upper left corner of the keyboard, the screen will light up but will not stay. I replaced the inverter last night and it worked fined. I turned the computer off. This morning, when I attempt to turn on, back to the same problem again. If i wiggle the contact button, it lights up but will not stay on.

Can you tell me what the problem?

Thanks

2. kissyfur99

kissyfur99 Thread Starter

Will someone look at my post and help me???

Please... Thanks in advance

3. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Please do not post duplicate threads, one thread is enough for one problem. Also do not post in other people's threads asking for help. I've deleted 2 of your duplicate threads and moved another post to this thread.

This is not a "Live" chat, you need to be patient for an answer and if someone has one they will post.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913587