1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IBM with no power

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gigmaier, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gigmaier

gigmaier Thread Starter

Help from anyone, please! I have an old IBM 300PL pc (6862-85u), pentium II. I was having problems with it recognizing my HD so I was going to hook another HD to it to see if it would recognize the second one. I forgot the power was still on and connected the second HD. When I did the power went off and now it won't come back on. Have I blown a fuse or worse, I don't know where to begin? I had WinXP with 128mbs of ram and a 400 mhz processor. Any help would be desperately appreciated, Gig Maier

2. bowmar

bowmar

You need to test with another power supply, possibly just power supply that has blown. Would not be surprised if you have blown the mobo/cpu also though.
    As mentioned though try working power supply first, good luck !

3. gigmaier

gigmaier Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll give it a try, I hope it's not the motherboard...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice