1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ibm300pl os instalation

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by xavier, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xavier

xavier Thread Starter

Hey love the forum im new at all of this so excuse my faults.....
    i have a ibm 300pl trying to install from a formated drive 98se.
    having major probs with drivers......ie no sound, pore graphics, and no pci controler. Searced and downloaded drivers from ibm, but to no avail. The sys is a 300pl 6565 e2u. Would be gratefull for any help on this subject as i have run out of ideas.

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Here is the search for drivers for a 300PL, Machine Type and Model number are these 7 numbers -> 6565-E2U Click Here off the IBM Website

3. hewee

hewee

4. xavier

xavier Thread Starter

here we go.....got sound working after many attempts and drivers still have no pci serial controler. it is identified as unknown device...............HElP.............:(

5. xavier

xavier Thread Starter

Thanks Styxx ill give it a try.

6. Styxx

Styxx Banned

It's probably just the Modem that needs it's driver installed. If it says Unknown Device it's usually the Audio, Video or Modem that needs the driver(s) installed. So how do you know its the PCI Serial Controller? If its under System Devices it will say PCI Serial Controller, or whatever but most the other entries in other categories or open categories are one of the three I listed above.

Is the Serial Controller under System Devices and the other yellow question mark appears out on the open under its own category? Then they are not related!

There, you-go!

7. xavier

xavier Thread Starter

ok still i have little luck..........sys properties has one problem (pci serial adapter), but as well i see display adapter (not showing as a problem) is standard vga where i actualy have a sr9 agp card. have tried the ibm driver for the sr9 alas to no avail......unsure if i will ever get this thing off the ground.

8. Styxx

Styxx Banned

You call Device Manager - Properties. It's correctly called Device Manager (DM).

Ok, it says Standard VGA there when you're using AGP video card, you thought, because you re-formatted not realizing:

1. Your computer has On-board Graphics as part of the mainboard.

2. Before formatting you had to correctly remove the AGP graphics card and attach the monitor to the On-board Graphics port.

3. After the format and the subsequent install of Windows you would then have to:

a.Disable the On-board Graphics in DM and shut the computer straight down via the Start button

b.Install the video card; Attach the monitor to it; Restart the computer and,

c.Install the AGP graphics card's driver package off removable media.

To correct this issue, which may or may not resolve the PCI Serial Adapter DM error:

1. In Safe Mode (see the printable attachment) DM double-click the Standard VGA entry; Under the General tab untick the box that says, "exists in all hardware profiles", and tick the box next to, "Disable in the hardware profile", or similar language. Click the OK button. Restart when prompted.

2. Install the SR9 AGP graphics Card driver package by double-clicking the packages icon, either while it's directly on the removable media or if you have copied the package to hard disk (HDD).

If the video card driver package does not install itself, reply back the drivers must be installed in another manner and I'll tell you how to do that without you redoing anything.

Good luck

Attached Files:

9. hewee

hewee

10. xavier

xavier Thread Starter

:DTrial and error and help from you guys i finally got this one up and running. thanks guys

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice