1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ibook connected to a linksys

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by pbearseven, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pbearseven

pbearseven Thread Starter

I am trying to connect a ibook g4 to a linksys router (wrt54gs) with no luck. I am trying to do it wirelessly. I have already a toshiba laptop hooked up wirelessly to the linksys. The ibook has a wireless card. Would someone please help me as i'm kind of new to mac's.

Thank you
    pbearseven

2. Pensacola Tiger

Pensacola Tiger

Open System Preferences, click on the Network icon, select the Airport tab and click the 'Assist Me' button.

3. SoltoN

SoltoN

Assuming you have your wireless card enabled, look in the top right of your screen for the menu pictured below. The rest is probably self explanatory from that point.

[​IMG]

4. VegasACF

VegasACF

Are you using something that enhances the menu pictured there? Mine doesn't give me signal strength per network, nor any of the other bells and whistles that yours seems to show. That's very cool!

EDIT: I'm going to guess it's called WiFind. Duh. Sorry. Long night last night!

5. SoltoN

SoltoN

that it is :D

only $8 to purchase, well worth it if you rely on public wireless daily.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice